Families who applied by the March 1 priority deadline have been notified of their award offers. Families who applied after the priority deadline will be notified by the end of October if additional funds become available.
The Opportunity Scholarship is a program that helps families who make below a certain amount of income pay tuition and fees at participating nonpublic (private) schools.
Do I qualify?
All of the following are required. Visit Interested to learn more about eligibility requirements:
- My family meets the income requirements
- My child will be at least 5 years old by August 31 or at least 4 by April 16 (and will be approved for kindergarten by the private school administrator)
- My child lives in North Carolina
- My child has not graduated high school
- My child has not enrolled in a post-secondary institution full time
Need More Information?
Choose from one of the following:
Learn how to apply
Find out next steps after getting a scholarship for the first time
Download forms and get help managing your current scholarship
Register a school or manage your school’s participation in the program
Video: Getting Started With MyPortal
1-855-330-3955 (K12 Program staff toll-free)
Did you Know?
A child must attend a North Carolina public school for at least the Spring semester before they would begin using an Opportunity Scholarship (see exceptions to prior public school requirement).