Skip to main content

Manage My Loan FAQ

Q: Where can I find my billing statement?

A: If you have already begun paying your loan through NCSEAA, your current statement is available online.

Q. I’m looking for a form.

A. Visit the forms center to locate documents related to loan forgiveness, cash repayment, and deferment.

Q. I want to make a payment.

A. NCSEAA offers an electronic payment option. NCSEAA accepts ACH electronic payments from checking and savings accounts as long as the borrower’s bank allows it. ACH stands for Automated Clearing House, a U.S. financial network used for electronic payments and money transfers.

You can also mail a check or money order payable to “NCSEAA” to:


P.O. Box 41349

Raleigh, NC 27629

*You must include your NCSEAA Personal Identification Number (PID) on checks or money orders to ensure accurate credit to your account.

Q. Can I pay with a credit or debit card?

A. NCSEAA does not accept credit or debit card payments.

Q. How do I update my mailing address?

A. To update addresses, borrowers should write, call or email NCSEAA. It is the borrower’s responsibility to ensure that NCSEAA has their most current and accurate mailing address.

Q. I didn’t complete my degree program. Do I still have to repay the loan?

A. You must repay the loan even if you did not graduate or complete your program of study, or if you are unsuccessful in your career or you experience financial difficulty.  Contact us to discuss payment options.

Q. I received my loan through CFI/My loan is being serviced by Nelnet. Why am I being sent to NCSEAA?

A. The North Carolina State Education Assistance Authority (NCSEAA) is the state student loan guaranty agency for loans made by College Foundation, Inc. (CFI) and loans being serviced by Nelnet.

Q. How can I view my federal student loan history?

A. You can view your federal student loan and grant history online by logging into with your FSA ID. displays information from the National Student Loan Data System (NSLDS), a database containing information about federal student aid received by students and parents. Federal Student Aid Information Center

Q. What are my options to repay a federal loan?

A. There are three options available to remove your Federal Family Education Loan (FFELP) from default: payment in full, loan rehabilitation, or loan consolidation. Please visit the FFELP page for more details.

Q. How can I contact the Department of Education’s Default Resolution group?

A. The Default Resolution Group (DRG) is an office of the U.S. Department of Education. It services loans for borrowers who enter into default or if a school or guaranty agency closes. Contact DRG at:

1-800-621-3115, 8 a.m.­–8 p.m. Eastern time

Default Resolution Group

U.S. Department of Education

7th and D Streets SW
Room 5118