The deadline to apply for the 2022-2023 school year was December 31, 2022.
The next application cycle (for the 2023-2024 school year) will open February 1, 2023. The Priority Deadline to apply will be March 1, 2023.
The Opportunity Scholarship is a program that helps families who make below a certain amount of income pay tuition and fees at Direct Payment Schools.
Do I qualify?
All of the following are required. Visit Interested to learn more about eligibility requirements:
- My family meets the income requirements
- My child will be at least 5 years old by August 31 or at least 4 by April 16 and approved for kindergarten according to State guidelines
- My child lives in North Carolina
- My child has not graduated high school
- My child has not enrolled in a post-secondary institution full time
Need More Information?
Choose from one of the following:
Learn how to apply
Find out next steps after getting a scholarship for the first time
Download forms and get help managing your current scholarship
Register a school or manage your school’s participation in the program
Video: Getting Started With MyPortal
1-855-330-3955 (K12 Program staff toll-free)
Did you Know?
A child must attend a North Carolina public school for at least the Spring semester before they would begin using an Opportunity Scholarship (see exceptions to prior public school requirement).